Image Map

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Relative Weaknesses

The majority of my weekend has been spent figuring out management systems and how to work this darn blog. Speaking of which, I owe Dr. Jill over at A Little Red Wagon a huge thank you for welcoming me into the teacher blogosphere AND giving me a shout out on her page! It was the highlight of my day.

Now, what were we talking about? Oh, yea- Management! This is the first year I've actually sat down and made a concrete management plan. I'm talking detailed procedures every little thing. I know that sounds horrible, but it is what it is. My first year I had no idea what to expect and I spent the summer before my second year in PD mastering content. This summer I decided to devote some time to stepping up my management game. So, I found a great resource to guide me in thinking about management and got to work.

During this process, I realized why they say teachers become exponentially more effective in their 3rd year. Going into the 3rd year, you have a much clearer understanding of the kids, the content, and what it takes to manage the classroom. You have also probably realized your strengths and weaknesses and are in a better position to seek out the development you need. At least, that's how it was for me. I knew that management was a relative weakness and decided to do something about it. I'm curious about the rest of you. What are your relative weaknesses? What are you doing about them? Feel free to share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad to have found another math geek! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just followed your blog. There have got to be more of us out here, right?

    ReplyDelete